BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Little About My Life

So like the title says this post is going to let you know a little about my life. My name is Hillary and I am a 23 year old wife, teacher, and {puppy} mom to 2 crazy dogs! I went to a small Christian school, graduated valedictorian {just don't ask out of how many} and went off to the "World's Most Exciting University" Liberty University! I loved my 4 years there, made some amazing memories, met some great people, {Josh aka Husband} got my "ring before spring", bought a mini black and tan dachshund, named him Bailey, went to friends weddings, bought a house back home, got a teaching job back at my old school, graduated May 9, 2009 and the following week got married! I had a busy few months but a pretty slow summer, first one like that I've every had!

I started in August teaching 2nd grade and I loved my class! I also assisted my dad coaching girls volleyball then went right into coaching cheerleading. It wasn't always easy, teenage girls are quite a handful, I made mistakes but learned a lot. The school had some financial issues and I was given the challenging task of teaching not only 2nd grade but 1st as well. I'm not going to lie, it was tough, stressful and I really hated it. I did have some fun but I would never want to do that again! I thought my spring would be calm...I was wrong. I helped Josh out with coaching baseball. Let me tell you, boys are worst than girls. I'd rather deal with drama then disrespect any day! We also got a new puppy! A black lab mix we named Laila! Her and Bailey get along so well and its funny to watch the 2 of them play!

I had hands down one of the best summers ever! I went back to Camp Thunderbird and worked with the EveryBuddy group again. The EB group is our special needs group made up of some of the greatest and funniest kids around! I also had the best buddy counselor and other co-workers which helped make it so wonderful! I am now in my 2nd year of teaching 2nd grade...its much easier than the first I will say that! Coaching is going better too, even though basketball season is a lot different this year. This is also my little brother's senior year. He will be going to Longwood University in the fall. As much as we don't always get along, I love him and I am one proud big sister!

And that's where we are now. Josh and I are so blessed to both have jobs {even though we hate it at times}, a house to live in {that is slowly starting to be completely decorated, I do not have that skill!}, 2 crazy pups who we love {most of the times!} and families that love us both very much. Whew....I'm done I promise! I still have plenty left to say to check back soon! :0)


0 comments: