BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Favorite Cupcakes

I have found my new favorite cupcakes. The great thing about them are 1. they are super easy and 2. they are also somewhat healthy! I was given a Betty Crocker dessert book from Target from a girl from church and I immediately found a cute recipe that I couldn't wait to try. They are Adorable Applesauce Cupcakes!! My class theme this year is apples and I decided to make them for our 100 day of school celebration. 



They don't look like the picture but they were still cute and my class loved them!! I gave my class an option of what cupcakes they wanted for Valentines Day and they chose these!! I'm glad that I can make my class a healthy cupcakes that they love that can please every kid! Now I have said they are easy, and they are! I left my recipe at school but I remembered everything and was able to make them twice this weekend! Here it is:

1 box of moist yellow cake mix
1 cup of apple juice
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cute liners. Mix all ingredients with a whisk until mixture is combined with few lumps. Scoop about 2 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into each cup making sure all cups are about even. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cupcakes "spring back" when touched. Let them cool on cooling racks. Then ice with with vanilla icing and decorate with sprinkles! Or you can skip the icing! They still taste delicious with out it!

 Go make them now! I guarantee that they will become your new favorite cupcakes too!! :0)

0 comments: